Applying Updates to Hardware Licenses
To perform the following instructions, you will need a .V2C file provided by PowerWorld. Once you have completed the following instructions, your hardware key will unlock Simulator or Retriever with the updated features.
- Locate the machine that hosts the hardware key. Simulator or Retriever must be installed on this machine to complete the process.
- Start the Simulator/Retriever License Tool (in the Start menu under PowerWorld -> Simulator/Retriever [version] -> Utilities.
- Click I have received an update file from PowerWorld to update my hardware key with new features.
- Save the .V2C file attached to the email you received from PowerWorld to a location that is readily accessible by the computer used to update the key.
- Click Browse… next to the Vendor to Customer file (.v2c) edit box. Navigate to the file that you just saved from the email you received from PowerWorld. Click Next.
You should receive a confirmation that your key was programmed successfully. If you have any problems or encounter any error messages, please contact PowerWorld for further assistance with any error messages that you receive.
July 23, 2018