Sometimes it is necessary to update the license file to unlock PowerWorld software. Beginning with Simulator and Retriever 14, the optional software add-ons are enabled by the license file. Customers who acquire new add-ons after the original software purchase will need to obtain new license files to “unlock” the new add-ons. New license files may be downloaded from our website, or requested by contacting us.
To change the license file used by the software:
- Choose the “Window” ribbon
- Click the “About…” button in the Help Section
- Click the “Change License Key” button
- Obtain the Machine ID shown in the pop up dialog. If you are downloading a License file, enter it where the “Machine/Lock Code” is requested. Otherwise, click the “Email PowerWorld” button to start an email message for requesting a license file.
- Save the new license file (either downloaded or emailed from us) to your computer or network.
- Click the “Browse…” button in the pop up dialog in Simulator/Retriever and locate the new file.
- Click “Open”.
- Click “Unlock Simulator”.
- Click “OK”.