Generator Cost Models
Our partner, Energy Visuals, Inc. offers comprehensive generator cost models for NERC power flow cases! Put the power of Simulator OPF (optimal power flow) to work with the FirstRateTM generator database. FirstRate allows the analyst to quickly study the tendencies of locational marginal price (LMP) markets, locate load pockets, identify transmission constraints, and evaluate the competitiveness of regional electricity markets.
FirstRate is developed and maintained by Energy Visuals, Inc. and PowerWorld Corporation. Features include:
- Identity of power plant name and operator, prime mover, and primary fuel allows easy filtering and sorting in PowerWorld Simulator;
- Heat rate, fuel cost, and variable O&M cost allow PowerWorld Simulator OPF to dispatch generators at minimum cost, subject to transmission constraints;
- Visualize LMP contours in PowerWorld Simulator OPF using Energy Visuals Transmission Atlas or your own one-line diagrams;
- Available for NERC MMWG, WECC, and ERCOT planning cases. Models may also be customized for other cases;
- Figures updated monthly;
- Provided in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, ready to copy and paste into PowerWorld Simulator;
- Also available in PowerWorld Simulator auxiliary file format.
For sales and information about FirstRate, please contact:
- Tim Born at email@example.com or +1 (217) 398-8035, or
- Tim Mack in Washington DC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Samples of our FirstRateTM generator cost models may be downloaded here. The compressed file contains spreadsheets for ERCOT, MMWG, and WECC. Bus numbering and generator IDs are compatible with FERC 715 filings for April 2014 or 2015.