Features and Improvements
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Added new options to the right-click menu of a the Message Log to
For AUX load, add Log Message for Existing Objects Edited
For AUX load, add Log Message for New Objects Created
These 2 options are NOT checked each time PowerWorld is opened, but can be checked to generate log messages for every edited object or for every created object as AUX files are loaded. Normally this is not wanted but can be useful to ensure you are not editing existing objects when you were not expecting to.
- Case Information Displays: Modified Bus fields for showing GenRemRegMvar, GenRemRegMvarMin and GenRemRegMvarMax so that they return blanks if there is no remote regulation (previously they showed a value of 0.0). This is consistent with other fields GenRemRegAVR, GenRemRegVoltError, and GenRemRegVoltSet
- Transient Stability: Added a new option in Transient Stability Limit Monitors to use Cumulative Time to determine when a violation occurs. The Option when set to YES will use the cumulative time a violation occurs during a simulation to determine if the time duration of a violation is exceeded. Without the option the time use to determine the duration time is reset when a violation is no longer occurring and was less than the duration time. With this option set to YES the duration time will not be reset during the entire simulation.
- Available Transfer Capability (ATC) Tool: When running Multiple ATC Scenarios, we now will clear out any existing results in the event that implementing the scenario doesn't work.
- Available Transfer Capability (ATC) Tool: When running distributed computing for ATC and a scenario does not complete without errors, an error is not longer raised to indicate that the distributed process had a failure. When this happened the scenario might be attempted again depending on the number of errors allows with each distributed computer, but there is no point in that because the failure is most likely due to a problem with the scenario and the power flow solving. The error that is returned from the scenario attempt is added to the log for the scenario.
- Case Information Displays: When loading in an AUX file, the "Limit Group" for Buses, Branches, Interfaces and BusPairs is now read in before other dependent fields are read in. For Buses, "Use Specific Limits" is read in prior to reading in the the "Limit Group"
- File Formats: When using the SaveCase script command it was possible that an island slack bus set by the user might not be treated as such when saving the case as a PWB. When opening the PWB there would be no island slack specified so Simulator would automatically pick a bus. This has been fixed so that the island slack bus specified by the user is retained when saving a PWB.
- Optimal Power Flow (OPF): In extremely over-constrained OPF or SCOPF solutions (often with many 100s of unenforceable constraints), it is possible for the cost of enforcing generator MW limits to get so high that the linear program chooses to dispatch generators outside limits. These cases are rare, but we have modified so that generators will still not be dispatched more than 10% outside limits in this situation to make it easier for the user to debug the situation.