Features and Improvements
- Available Transfer Capability (ATC) Tool: Added new script command CTGCompareTwoListsofContingencyResults("Controllingfilename","Comparisonfilename"); A filename may be replaced with the word PRESENT to mean the presently open contingency list.
- File Formats: Adding options to read limit options from hdbexport files. The fields below on the ITEM record indicate whether or not to treat the line limits as AMPS instead of MVA. The transformer option doesn't make much sense so a message will be printed to the log if it is ever true.
- File Formats: modified to include option about whether to create 3-winding transformers when reading the hdbexport file.
- File Formats: Also added AUX file support for setting the Delimiter used for creating labels when reading the hdbexport CSV file.
- Power Flow Solution: Changed the way the 2-terminal DC line firing angle and tap control are handled when GammaMin = GammaMax. Under other situations once the maximum tap value is reached and the DC voltage is still above the desired setpoint, then Simulator will calculate a firing angle that exceeds GammaMax. This has been changed now so that if GammaMin=GammaMax, then the firing angle will remain constant and instead the DC voltage setpoint enforcement is abandoned and the DC voltage will be higher than the setpoint. When this occurs a prominently highlighted message will be written to the log. This change in control feature was added primarily to match the treatment in several ERAG/MMWG, PJM, and MISO cases we have seen recently which have some erroneous input data.
- Sensitivity Calculations: Added new option to calculate sensitivities due to a change in generator MW injection for the Multiple Meters, Single Control Change and Multiple Meters, Multiple Control Change calculations.
- Transient Stability: modified the WT1G1, WT2G1, WT3G1, WT3G2, and WT4G1 wind turbine models so that they ignore any implicit step-up transformers.
- Transient Stability: Modified reading of a GNET.idv file to allow multiple gnet sections in the same file to be read.
- Transient Stability: added other field for CMPLDW to show the "Fraction not tripped on under voltage" for the Type 3 motors.
- Contingency Analysis: Contingencies involving breaker actions will only use breakers. Load Break Disconnects will be included along with breakers when determining switched shunts to close and generators to close when using economic merit order dispatch. Script commands or GUI options to close or open with breakers will give users the choice to include load break disconnects along with breakers.
- File Formats: When reading the hdbexport CSV files, modified reading of XF records so that if ID_XFMR values are not read at all then no three-winding transformers are created.
- General: Modified the Equivalencing routine so that it does not consolidate before creating the equivalent.
- GIC: Fixed bug in calculating whether a point is in a region; used with the GIC code.
- Sensitivity Calculations: Fixed bug with calculations of LODF values in the LODF Screening tool when monitoring a different set of branches than the branches being outaged/closed.
- Transient Stability: Fixed a bug that was causing an access violation when auto inserting and deleting previous contingencies
- Transient Stability: Treatment for handling low voltages for GEWTG was missing and was added.
- Transient Stability: fixed error in the PSS3B stabilizer. Using this stabilizer was causing an error when running a transient stability simulation
- Transient Stability: A bug was occurring when opening a generator which had a COMP or other voltage compensator model assigned to it
- Transient Stability: fixed error in displaying data for IVOEX exciter in the case information displays. The Max/Min values were shown as blanks.
- Transient Stability: When one of the blocks on either an IVOEX or EXIVO exciter were configured such that A2=0, A4=0 or A6=0, then the block becomes a PI controller. The initialization of the PI controller was not done properly and has now been fixed.
- Transient Stability: fixed initialization of the CompCC model so that the order in which models are initialized does not prevent matter. CompCC is assigned to a generator record but then refers to a second generator. Previously the generator with the CompCC model had to be initialized BEFORE the second generator. The software now handles the ordering.
- Transient Stability: Fixed error with using a wind turbine model with an implicit step-up transformer. The voltage measurement was not working properly and is now fixed.
- Transient Stability: modified EXAC1 and EXAC1A to include subinterval integration when Ta=0 AND Tb=0.
- Transient Stability: modified ESAC5A to include subinterval integration when Ka/Ta is large.
- Transient Stability: fixed error in the use of the WT2E power slip curve.
- Transient Stability: Fixed error that only occurred when tripping a portion of Motor A, B, C, or D if it was a double-cage motor model inside of a CMPLDW or CMPLDWNF model. Error was an improper calculation of derivate of the rotor speed.
- Transient Stability: Modified handling of LD1PAC and thus CMPLDW at extremely low voltages (below 0.2 per unit) to better handle them in the algebraic network boundary solutions.
- Transient Stability: Modified the handling of validation for very low Tppo values for the CMPLDW and CMPLDWNF model.
- Transient Stability: When loading in a transient plot series from an AUX file which referred to a PlayIn signal the plot series was not created. This has been fixed.