Features and Improvements
- General: Optimized the closing of a power system case for cases that included a very large number of of model conditions, model filters, model expression, and/or contingencies. The case will now close much more quickly.
- Integrated Topology Processing (ITP): Added storage in the Window Registry for the user interface options on the Limit Monitoring Dialog. Previously the following was maintained during a session of PowerWorld Simulator, but after you closed Simulator and reopened it, it was not retained. The options include
1. The check box status of “Only show the primary bus for each superbus”
2. The choice under the “Elements to Show”
3. Which tab you are on the dialog
- Transient Stability: Added the ability to filter transient result events table from Object type.
- User Interface Dialogs: Added two new buttons under the Restore> dropdown on the Tools ribbon tab called "Store User State" and "Restore User State". These provide button access to same functionality as available in the script commands StoreState; and RestoreState(USER);
- Case Information Displays: 6 new fields for showing the Percent MVA at both the FROM and TO buses based on the A, B, and C MVA limits were added to branch objects in October 2016. There was an error with the PercentMVAATo value (it showed the FROM side percentage) and the PercentMVACFrom value (it showed the TO side percentage). This has been fixed.
- Difference Case Tool: A nearly identical fix as made in October 11, 2017 regarding changes in the bus' owner. The behavior was the same for changes in the bus' area, zone, or balancing authority as well. Same changes made.
- Distributed Computation: Adding the Distributed Computation Configuration tool to the installation.
- Integrated Topology Processing (ITP): Fixed a bug for PV, QV, ATC, and SCOPF tools when using consolidation along with Remedial Actions that were defined as Open with Breakers (or Close with Breakers). The actions were not properly determining which breakers to open or close.
- Oneline Diagrams: When loading an AUX file that defines a custom menu hierarchy in the Oneline Viewer multiple times, menu ordering will likely become scrambled. The SortIndex field was added to the CustomMenuNode object in order to keep the menu order stable when loading multiple times.
- PV and QV Curve (PVQV) Tool: Update the Present Nominal Shift box on the PV curve dialog to show the transfer that is in the current system state. Previously, this would most likely show the highest transfer amount that would solve in the base case, which would most likely not be the actual transfer that is in the current system state. This could cause confusion with the user thinking that this is the amount in the system state.
- PV and QV Curve (PVQV) Tool: On the PV Curve Dialog, updated the caption with the Restore Last Solved State option to show the transfer amount that is in that state.
- Scheduled Actions: The Selected field was not toggleable for Scheduled Actions objects but should have been. This has been fixed.