Features and Improvements
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Within all script commands related to opening or saving files, added a new ability to specify a filename of a special form that instructs PowerWorld to bring up the Open or Save dialog for the user to choose a file. This will not work when using the SimAuto Add-on. The special syntax of the file name is generally "
". The entire string must start with . After the word PROMPT there may optionally be a space delimiter following by a special caption to be placed at the top of the file dialog that appears (this caption must be enclosed in single quotes). If the special caption is omitted then either Save or Open is assumed. After the special caption there may optionally be a list of File Types and extensions specified. This list must be enclosed in single quotes. The list itself is composed of a pipe-delimited string (|) with the first string representing the first file type, the second string representing the first file extension, the third string represent the second file type, the fourth string representing the second file extension and so on. If no File Types are specified then 'All Files (*.*)|*.*' is assumed. An example string might be
- File Formats: Converted times for contingency actions in WECC switch files to cycles.
- File Formats: The GE Voltage Checking Limit Min and Max fields for buses are now stored in PWB files.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Updated the error message for the MergeBuses script command. A cryptic error message was generated when the BUS identifier was omitted from the element argument of the script command.
- Contingency Analysis: Fixed treatment of Custom Monitors when BOTH the "Only report violations..." checkboxes were checked. The names of the checkboxes have also been changed from "Never report..." to "Only report..."
- General: When merging buses with attached generators, the owners were not getting set correctly. This could cause an access violation when the case was closed. This has been fixed.
- Integrated Topology Processing (ITP): When using options that automatically close breakers to energize switched shunts or close generators, the breakers that are valid for closing are more accurately determined. The assumption is that breakers that are the closest to the devices should be the ones that are closed. Previously, any breakers that would energize the device would be closed even if the closest breakers were already closed.
- Oneline Diagrams: When exporting a oneline diagram to a KML file with unlinked elements an access violation could occur. This has been fixed.
- Power Flow Solution: Added check on Slow B Control for SVCs to make sure that the voltage range defined by SlowControlVLow and SlowControlVHigh is equal to or inside the range defined by VLow to VHigh specified with the SVC. If this happens the slow control voltage range is adjusted to be equal to the SVC voltage range and the sVC is disabled.
- Power Flow Solution: Added an oscillation check for SVCs on slow B control. If the SVC goes outside of the Slow B control range for more than 3 iterations the SVC will be disabled.
- QV Curve Tool: Aborting a QV run might appear to get stuck in an infinite loop. This has been fixed and a QV run should abort much more quickly now.
- Transient Stability: When you clicked the Show Selected Plot Data in Case Info button on the transient stability plotting page, the number of decimal points in the case info could not be changed. This has been fixed.