Features and Improvements
Added a lot of new features to the distributed computation configuration tool:
- Changed the user configuration to allow setting the user to be either
a user or a security group. Furthermore, this allows selection of
objects from the local machine or across an enterprise domain forest.
- Removed the (broken) file permission checkbox.
- Added a user privilege tester. This checks the user against the system
limits, configured permissions and also against file permissions for
pwrworld.exe and simproxy.dll.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): When saving injection groups to an auxiliary file with participation points listed in a SUBDATA section and using labels as the key field identifier, blanks would be written instead of the primary key field for participation points where either no label or no label for the bus existed. This has been fixed.
- File Formats: Fixed a potential bug that would cause reading the RAW file to fail if a branch, switched device, or transformer record was incomplete and stopped somewhere in the middle of the branch ratings. Now Simulator will set defaults for the rest of the ratings and all fields that should have come after the ratings.
- File Formats: Fixed an issue with switched shunts where the RAW file read would fail if the number of shunt blocks didn't match the number of steps, i.e. the last MVAR block value in the file was missing, so Simulator was reading a value for the number of steps for a block, but the MVAR value of the block was missing at the end of the record. Now Simulator will set that value to 0 if it is missing, and move on.
- File Formats: Fixed a bug where reading a negative from bus number for branches, switched devices, and transformers would also cause the RAW file read to fail. Since it does not appear that negative from bus numbers are intended or mean anything in the RAW format, I set it to use the absolute value of the from bus number and continue reading the rest of the record as usual.
- GIC: Fixed retention of the Selected field for GICXFormer objects when switching between Edit and Run Mode.