Features and Improvements
- Contingency Analysis Tool: When saving an auxiliary file from the Contingency Analysis dialog by using the Save button on the bottom of the dialog, the user is presented with a rather large dialog that allows specification of the various objects that should be included in the auxiliary file and the format of the file. There is now a button that will open a document posted on the PowerWorld website describing the RAS and contingency aux file format.
- Contingency Analysis Tool: When running contingency analysis from the GUI and results already exist, the user will be prompted if all results should be cleared or only if the results for contingencies that are not skipped should be cleared.
Added another optional parameter to CTGSolveAll script command called ClearAllResults that will accomplish the same prompting as what is done in the GUI. Script command is now CTGSolveAll(DoDistributed, ClearAllResults) with both parameters optional. ClearAllResults = YES by default.
- General: Added 9 new Unit Types based on updated DOE FORM EIA-860. New options are:
BA (Energy Storage, Battery)
CP (Energy Storage, Concentrated Solar Power)
FW (Energy Storage, Flywheel)
ES (Energy Storage, Other)
HA (Hydrokinetic, Axial Flow Turbine)
HB (Hydrokinetic, Wave Buoy)
HK (Hydrokinetic, Other)
BT (Turbines Used in a Bnary Cycle, including those used for geothermal applications)
WS (Wind Turbine, Offshore)
- Help: When using the Window --> Auxiliary File Format option to open the auxiliary file format PDF document and the document cannot be found on the local computer, this file will instead be opened from the PowerWorld website.
- Oneline Diagrams: Modified contour dialog so that the enabling/disabling of the items to contour can consider Geographic Data Views.
- Transient Stability: Added the line relay model SCGAP.
- Case Information Displays: Fixed an access violation that could occur when viewing the Case Info Customizations table.
- File Formats: Fixed bug in writing out the Qtable section to a Version 19 EPC file if a generator had exactly 10, 20, etc. (multiple of 10) points on the qtable. In this situation we would write out a slash (/) character at the end of the record inappropriately.
- File Formats: Subdata classes contained in Aux Export Format descriptions cannot be read or written to PWB files due to a file format error. This cannot be fixed until Simulator version 20. Until a fix is available, subdata classes will be deleted if found when loading PWB files and will not be written when writing PWB files. Appropriate messages will be sent to the message log.
- Integrated Topology Processing (ITP): Bus shunts were not being restored correctly from a system state stored while the case was consolidated to a system that is not consolidated. There would probably have also been problems with a state stored not consolidated and restored consolidated. Restoring the bus shunts has been fixed no matter what consolidation status you are in while storing or restoring.
- Sensitivity Calculations: In the general LCDF calculation, the result will be returned as 0 if an open line is between two islands.
- Transient Stability: Fixed bug in which substation fields saved to a TSR file were being recognized when checking if any substations were saved to RAM.