What does SImulator/Retriever check when validating a case?
Validation checks for both errors that would prevent a case from working properly and for abnormal setup of model objects. Validation errors and warnings are displayed in the Message Log. A sampling of the tasks performed during case validation include:
- Ensures there is a system slack bus assigned
- Ensures the slack bus has an attached generator
- Ensures that no generator is assigned to remotely regulate the slack bus
- Checks for buses having multiple controllable devices attached (i.e. switched shunts)
- Checks all max/min enterable fields to ensure that the max value is greater than the min value
July 3, 2012