Transient Stability Analysis with PowerWorld Simulator
This 1.5-day advanced course covers advanced topics in power system transient stability analysis. Participants will learn:
- fundamentals of transient stability analysis and model relationships;
- navigation of Simulator’s remarkably easy-to-use transient stability analysis interface;
- tools and techniques for model validation;
- detailed modeling of transient contingencies;
- specialized tools for wind turbine modeling;
- how to store and plot results; and
- how to visualize transient stability simulations.
Participants will see several examples of transient stability analysis and novel visualization. A large-scale simulation example will be performed at the end to review key concepts.