Introduction to PowerWorld Simulator: Interface and Common Tools
This two-day introductory course covers the PowerWorld Simulator user interface and basic power systems analysis tools. Participants will learn how to:
- interact with PowerWorld Simulator through text-based interfaces and graphic one-line diagrams;
- build and modify power system models and one-line diagrams;
- exchange information with spreadsheets and text files; and
- create rich color contours, incorporate GIS shapefiles, and enhance the appearance and dynamic behavior of one-line diagrams.
Participants will also learn the basics of power systems modeling and analysis tools in PowerWorld Simulator, including:
- voltage control;
- generation control and area interchange;
- contingency analysis;
- linear sensitivity analysis;
- fault analysis (time permitting); and
- system equivalents (time permitting).