Features and Improvements
- File Formats: Modified writing in Matpower format so we don't write Marginal Prices if an OPF solution has not been run.
- Transient Stability: When reading a DYD file, we previously did checks to ensure the order in which dynamic models were read from the DYD. In older versions of other software, if a machine model was not the first model for a generator then subsequent models for that generator were ignored. Simulator had previously opened a dialog asking the user if they wanted to disable these models. This dialog has been removed so that models read from the DYD file are no longer disabled for this reason.
- User Interface Dialogs: Added buttons on the transformer tab of the branch dialogs to
"Edit Integer Tap Positions" and "EMS Edit Integer Tap Positions"
These buttons bring up a dialog on which which the user may edit the tap/phase, TapMax, TapMin and StepSize using the either the integer positions based around 1.0000 tap and 0.0000 phase, or using the integer positions using the EMS convention.
- Contingency Analysis: Improved the Dependency Explorer to show the dependency of Custom Expressions and Calculated Fields when they are used inside a Model Expression.
- File Formats: PowerWorld Simulator and the hdbexport CSV file use a different sign convention on the phase shift angle, thus Simulator will always show phase shifts that are the negative of those seen in the hdbexport CSV file. We were properly handling this when reading the actual phase angle (ADEG_PS), but were not properly handling this when using the step size (STEP_TAPTY). This could result in the incorrect TapMax and TapMin phase angles, although when TapMin = -TapMax they would still be calculated correctly (which was most commonly the case). It would also result in an incorrect translation to the integer tap positions using the EMS convention. This has been fixed.
- Integrated Topology Processing (ITP): When using incremental topology processing, all islanded generation was not properly accounted for. This has been fixed.
- Transient Stability: fixed bug in showing the table of Distribution Equivalent objects. This bug was introduced in the October 3 patch and is now fixed.
- Transient Stability: When choosing to NOT save transient stability results to hard-drive, Simulator was not writing the TSR file, but was still writing the AUX file saving summary result information. This has been fixed so that the AUX file is not written unless the user chooses to save results to hard-drive.