Features and Improvements
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Added a special SUBDATA section "BusRenumber" to a multi-section line records which allows you renumber the dummy buses in the multi-section line by using the same format as for specifying the dummy points.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Added script action CTGRelinkUnlinkedElements. This does exactly what they name implies.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Added a new script command ExportAreaSupplyCurves("filename.csv", "User Defined String", NumPoints); The first parameter is the name of the CSV file to which results will be written. The second parameter is an optional parameter for specifying a user defined string written to each entry in the resulting CSV file. If the second parameter is omitted, then a blank will be assumed. The third parameter is optional and is related to converting a cubic cost model into a piece-wise linear model. If you omit the second parameter we assume 5.
The output of the file will have 7 entries for each area for Fixed Gen MW, Fixed Load MW, Fixed Shunt MW, Losses MW, Variable Min MW, Variable Max MW, Variable Present MW, followed by a set of Bid MW/Price entries represents the supply curve for the variable MWs.
- Contingency Analysis Tool: Added the ability on the Contingency Analysis Element dialog to choose a branch OPEN or CLOSE event by choosing a multi-section line.
- Contingency Analysis Tool: Modified so that the OPF solution can be solved after each contingency is applied.
- Oneline Diagrams: Added ability to import KML files in the format used by MISO. The lines will link to lines in the RAW file, if they exist. There are no substations in the RAW file, so it will create them (but they will be empty) if desired.
- Power Flow Solution: Modified the flat start routine when applied to a system which contains many 30 degree phase shifts related to Delta-Wye transformer connections. The new flat start routine will set voltage angles in a manner that handles these phase shifts.
- Transient Stability: Added ability in TSGetResults() script command to use a file type of "JSIS" which will write out desired results in a format used by the WECC JSIS group.
- Transient Stability: Added ability in the Plot portion of the transient stability dialog to export the plot information to a text file of the format used in the TSGetResults() script command. Also added ability to export in the JSIS format in the same location.
- Transient Stability: Modified captions and descriptions for fields showing min/max statistics for generator "Frequency" to instead say generator "speed". They are showing the electrical speed of the generator. Values will typically be close to nominal frequency (normally 60) for synchronous machines, but may be much higher or lower for asynchronous generators such as wind turbines.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Fixed a minor error introduced on 9/30/13 which would cause Simulator to prompt about saving SUBDATA sections when it was not necessary to see this prompt.
- Oneline Diagrams: Fixed value for showing the PTDF on an interface pie chart. Value shown was showing 100*Percent instead of Percent.
- Optimal Power Flow (OPF): When an unenforceable limit was hit for the NEGATIVE end limit on a branch or interface, if the percentage of the limit enforcement was not 100%, the the slack cost calculation was incorrect. This would not effect the MW dispatch or prices in the calculation but only the post-processing reporting of a "slack cost"
- Time Step Simulation: Periodic schedules were not working. They would only be applied to the actual times for which they were defined. This has been fixed.
- Transient Stability: When writing the WT3E1 model to a DYR file, the circuit id of the interconnection transformer was always being written as a 0. This has been fixed.
- Transient Stability: Minor modification to the GENTPF and GENTPJ models to include the speed effects in the stator voltage equations which couple the dynamic model to the network boundary equations.
- Transient Stability: Minor modification to the GENTPJ model to remove the dependence of the saturation on the sign of the Id term.
- User Interface Dialogs: Some minor bug fixed related to the D-FACTS devices.