Features and Improvements
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Added new script command InitializeGenMvarLimits. This initializes all generators in the case so that they are appropriately marked as being at Mvar limits or not. This could be useful if manually setting the Mvar output of generators or changing their limits.
- General: When defining expressions for objects, a new option has been added to treat blank entries as zeros in the expression instead of treating the entire expression as invalid.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Sped up the loading of AXD files with a large number of objects.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): The October 23, 2013 patch introduced a special syntax to PROMPT for filenames in script commands that open or save to file. This option wasn't properly applied to all script commands. This should now work with most all script commands that have a filename as an input.
- Contingency Analysis: The Define Shunt Filter button on the Auto Insert Contingencies dialog was not working to select a shunt filter. This has been fixed.
- File Formats: Simulator would stop reading a RAW file if the voltage and angle of three winding transformer star buses were missing, or if the last field of a FACTS device record was missing. Fixed it by setting defaults for star bus voltage and angle if they were missing, and setting a default for the last field of a FACTS device record if it was missing.
- General: Expressions for dc converters were not able to use custom and calculated fields. This has been fixed.
- Optimal Power Flow (OPF): When running the OPF solution in difference flows mode, the calculation was not being done correctly with all values actually coming from the Present case. This has been fixed.
- Optimal Power Flow (OPF): The option to specify the AGC method for superareas on OPF during the standalone power flow solution was not being used. It was always set to participation factor. This has been fixed.