Features and Improvements
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): When writing files from Auxiliary Script commands, we will now keep retrying to write them pause for a moment if the file being written to is in use by another program and thus locked, and then attempt to write the file again. This will be attempted 100 times with a 0.1 second delay between each attempt.
- File Formats: added the ability to read the clzone from the EPC file and create LoadModelGroup objects from this designation.
- File Formats: When reading an EPC file with a generator set to cont_mode = 2 (boundary power factor control in Simulator's options), but the power factor is zero (pf=0), previously we were just setting the power factor to 0.01 instead resulting in a very large Mvar range. It is not clear what we should do with this bad input data, so we are modifying to instead just read this as cont_mode=1 (fix Mvar or AVR = 0).
- Oneline Diagrams: A new dialog will prompt the user when pasting objects to a oneline diagram (if they have chosen to copy objects and records). The prompt will ask the user if they would like to create new objects or link to existing objects, which is the previous behavior. Creating new objects will create new objects, including buses, which was not done before. Previously the bus oneline object would still link to the existing bus in the model ("link to existing"). With the new option, a new bus will be created and the oneline object will be linked to the new bus.
- Contingency Analysis: When using a lookup table with a model expression, the option to EvalInRef was being ignored. This has been fixed.
- Contingency Analysis: Fixed an access violation that could result when loading an auxiliary file with a ContingencyElement or RemedialActionElement that does not specify an Object or an Action.
- Power Flow Solution: It was possible to specify Island-Based AGC dispatching against an injection group that didn't exist. During the power flow this would use island slack control instead, but it wasn't obvious this was being done.
(1) When an injection group does not exist and the power flow is solved, a message will appear in the log indicating this and the island-based AGC method will be permanently switched to Use Participation Factors of Individual Generators.
(2) When changing to the Island-Based AGC tab of the Power Flow Solution page of the Simulator Options dialog, a message will appear indicating that an invalid injection group was selected and that the options need to be corrected.
(3) An access violation could occur at the end of an iterated ATC run when ramping between injection groups because the base case power flow options are set to use island-based AGC with an invalid injection group. This has been fixed.
- Transient Stability: Fixed error in WindInertia logic for the WNDTGE model