Features and Improvements
- Case Information Displays: Added new field to Switched Shunts, "Controlling SVC Object ID", that will allow identifying an SVC that controls a fixed shunt by any of the available key fields. Previously, the controlling SVC could only be identified by a bus number and shunt ID.
- Contingency Analysis Tool: Modified the layout of the Contingency Definitions folder on the Options tab of the Contingency Dialog. Previously entries for All Contingency Elements, Remedial Actions, Contingency Blocks, Model Filters/Conditions/Expressions, etc. were all under one folder. They have now been split up into folders to make "Remedial Action Definitions" more prominent and also to add Contingency Blocks and Global Actions to a "Legacy Definitions" folder to discourage their future use.
- Transient Stability: Expanded on the "Solved" field for a transient contingency. Previously this field said "YES" if the transient contingency had been been attempted at all regardless of whether it was successfully finished. There are now 3 fields:
1. Processed: This will say YES if the transient contingency solution was attempted
2. Solved: This will say YES only if the transient contingency solution was run and successfully finished
3. Reason Not Solved: When Solved = NO, this will be a string indicating why the solution was not finished
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Scale script command now allows you not to scale LOAD MW or Mvar while scaling the other value. The [parameters] entries can now be specified as NO. Scale(LOAD, MW, [-250, NO], AREA) will only scale MW and will not scale Mvar. Scale(LOAD, MW, [NO, -250], AREA) will only scale Mvar and will not scale MW.
- Case Information Displays: Fixed the folder listing the multiple direction PTDF fields for the Branch object. These values were appearing under the folder for "LODF Multiple" in the field list and now correctly appear under the "PTDF Multiple" instead.
- Contingency Analysis: Fixed bug when using contingency actions with non-zero time delays in a full-topology case using "Open with Breakers" or "Close with Breakers" actions. The actions with the non-zero time delays would never be implemented.
- Contingency Analysis: Modified the caption on various tabs that said "Contingency Definition" and changed them to say simply "Definition". These same dialogs were used for Contingency Blocks Elements, Contingency Elements, and Remedial Action Elements and this caused confusion.
- Contingency Analysis: Fixed a bug with Distributed Contingency Analysis caused by quote characters being part of contingency names. This bug would cause the results from distributed runs to not be processed correctly. This has been fixed.
- Contingency Analysis: Fixed bugs with load throwover not being done correctly during a linear dc contingency calculation in which the load is thrown over to another bus that is also being disconnected during the contingency.
- File Formats: Fixed a problem when opening a valid PWB file associated with a PWD file that cannot be opened. Previously, the case would be cleared. Now the case will remain open without a oneline diagram.
- General: When creating an auxiliary file from the Aux Export Format Description tool, the file extension would not be set by default. This has been fixed.
- General: Several bugs were fixed with the Scale tool:
(1) Generators could not be scaled to a New Value that was negative.
(2) Loads could not be scaled to a New Value that was negative using the Scale dialog because the dialog prevented entering a negative value.
(3) Script command now allows you not to scale LOAD MW or Mvar while scaling the other value. The [parameters] entries can now be specified as NO. Scale(LOAD, MW, [-250, NO], AREA) will only scale MW and will not scale Mvar. Scale(LOAD, MW, [NO, -250], AREA) will only scale Mvar and will not scale MW.
(4) Generators with a negative Original Value could not be scaled regardless of the scaling direction.
- Power Flow Solution: If a generator's MinMW < MaxMW then it was possible for a generator on MW control in the power flow to oscillate between it's MinMW and MaxMW output. This has been fixed so that the generator will just not move instead of causing oscillations.
- Sensitivity Calculations: Redo the injection group sensitivity calculations for TLR results after setting the sensitivities of out-of-service buses to the values of their closest in-service bus.
- Transient Stability: Modified GENCLS so it sets its field current equal to the initial field voltage.
- Transient Stability: When using filters, the Buses and Generators tabs on the Results from RAM --> Minimum/Maximum Values page were not indicating that a filter was applied. This has been fixed.
- Transient Stability: Fixed error that was not showing the "Finished at XX.XXX seconds" text in the edit box showing the status of a transient contingency analysis run at the top of the Transient Stability dialog.
- Transient Stability: Added scroll bars to the Control tab on the Simulation page of the Transient Stability dialog. This will allow access to the Simulation Time Values for varying screen resolutions.