Features and Improvements
- File Formats: An option has now been added when reading RAW files that allows the user to choose to keep duplicate devices in the RAW file, and change the ID's on those devices so they are all unique. In the past, if duplicate elements existed in the RAW file, only the last duplicate device was kept; all other duplicates of the same device were ignored. In order to take advantage of the new feature to keep duplicate devices, the user must choose to open a RAW file with options. The RAW options dialog will open before reading the file, allowing the user to change the option to keep the duplicate devices and make them unique. Otherwise, Simulator will continue to default to only keep the last duplicate device and ignore the other duplicates of the same device.
- Transient Stability: Modified to include the AreaName as a default column when looking at transient stability models. Removed the BusName field because the Name_NomKV field is right next to it so it's repetative. Also removed special multi-section line fields from the line relay tables by default.
- Transient Stability: When plotting Apparent Impedance X vs. App Imp R at one end of an AC branch in the the transient plots, if you had defined any impedance distance relay on that end of the branch Simulator would automatically draw the region boundaries on the plot. This has been modified so that if you do NOT specify any impedance distance on that AC branch then we will now automatically draw the impedance circle 100% of the impedance of the transmission line. This makes it so you do not have to include an impedance relay to get this feature. If you want multiple impedance zones you still need to make the relay model, but if you just want 100% reach it will be automatically drawn.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): When adding new interface elements to an interface from an auxiliary file, no element will be created and a warning will be written to the message log if the interface element links to its own interface.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): When reading an auxiliary file and the object type specified in a DATA section header is not recognized, the given object type string is now included as part of the error message.
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): Filtering will not be applied to any interface that has a circular reference.
- Case Information Displays: When adding interface elements to an interface through the GUI, when the element type is selected to be an interface the interface itself will not show up in the list of available interfaces. This doesn't make sense and will prevent various errors associated with circular references.
- Case Information Displays: Filtering will not be applied to any interface that has a circular reference.
- Power Flow Solution: Fixed bug that could occur when using the voltage setpoint tolerance in combination with the Generator Remote Mvar sharing that keeps generators within the same relative point in the Mvar. It was possible for generators to get stuck at a limit and not backoff that limit.