Features and Improvements
- Contingency Analysis Tool: Modified the way that Contingency Violations (ViolationCTG) for an island choose the bus used as the identifier for the island. Previously, we would always take the slack bus of the island to identify it. Now we will instead choose the bus from the island that is the first in the list of buses sorted alphabetically by the name of the bus. This will help make the choice of the bus more consistent because sometimes the slack bus would change for the same set of buses depending on the state of the system (generator hitting Mvar limit for instance).
- Contingency Analysis Tool: Added a two new buttons to the Tools Ribbon tab under
RAS + CTG Case Info>Contingency Reference>Set As Reference
RAS + CTG Case Info>Contingency Reference>Restore Reference
- Oneline Diagrams: Removing the dialog prompt that asks about opening a oneline that doesn't exist where the case that was opened exists.
- Transient Stability: Added the ST4C exciter
- Transient Stability: Added the ST5C exciter
- Transient Stability: Added the ST6C exciter
- Auxiliary Files (SCRIPT and DATA Sections): When using the Move script command, it is possible to change only the ID of a device. Simulator was always setting the ID to uppercase even if the user entered a lower case ID. IDs are treated as case insensitive, but the user should still be allowed to set the ID as lowercase. This has been fixed.
- Case Information Displays: When using Data Maintainer filtering with the area/zone/owner filters, show the "filtered" keyword with the case information display caption.
- Case Information Displays: Interfaces and Substation do not directly have Area, Zone, or Owner designations. Simulator has always applied Area/Zone/Owner filtering to interfaces and substations however by assuming that if they contained any bus or device that met the Area/Zone/Owner filtering then the interface/substation also met the Area/Zone/Owner Filtering. This logic was also being applied when using DataMaintainer Filtering which did not make sense. Interface and Substation have their own DataMaintainer designation so should not inherit this functionality from the buses or devices they contain. This has been fixed.
- Contingency Analysis: Made some corrections to how contingency elements and remedial action elements are compared to determine if they are the same action. This is used when loading an aux file defining these elements. There was a problem with duplicate actions being created and this has been fixed.
- Contingency Analysis: Fixed bug where a contingency violation for an island was not returning the island violation specific results when using distributed computing.
- Contingency Analysis: When one contingency resulted in the creation of additional islands that ended up with reserve limitation or unsolved, if the subsequent contingency resulted in NOTHING happening such that no solution was attempted, then this subsequent contingency would be flagged as containing a reserve limitation or unsolved. This was occurring even though no solution was even attempted because some structures were not cleaned up from the previous contingency solution when nothing was occurring.
- Transient Stability: When load models had a Distribution Equivalent defined which had neither a transformer (Xxf=0) nor feeder impedance (Rfdr=Xfdr=0) the result reporting was not correct. The transient simulation were still correctly handling the loads, but when reporting the total load MW and Mvar the values were reported were double-counting the loads.
- User Interface Dialogs: Modified the FACTs dialog to clean it up and fixed a few bugs related to handling values on the display.
- User Interface Dialogs: On the Edit Mode Line Dialog, when opening the Line Shunt dialog to edit the shunts of this particular line, if you deleted the line shunt it causes an access violation from which Simulator could not recover. This has been fixed.