Features and Improvements
- Bus View and Substation View Onelines: When using the Bus View option to "Show Serial Buses" on a Full Topology Mode, Simulator previously would bias a series of branches to show the non-switching devices most prominently. This was so that Transmission Lines, Transformers, Series Caps/Reactors, and such would appear larger and more prominent. If such a device was not in the series of buses then the first device was always shown. This has been modified so that within a series of switching devices we also bias to show either Breakers or Load Break Disconnects as the prominent device. This makes the breakers and load break disconnects appear more prominently than the plain disconnect switches.
- Case Information Displays: Custom Expressions can now reference any model field. Previously only Model Expressions could be accessed in addition to fields for the particular expression object type.
- Case Information Displays: When specifying variables in the Custom Expression dialog, there are now variable type choices of Field, Model Field, Model Expression, and Model String Expression. Model Expressions and Model String Expressions are special entries in an attempt to support older functionality of the dialog when only Model Expressions were available. Specifying Model Fields and Model String Expression as a variable type will not be supported in previous patch releases in Simulator and will become unlinked Model Expressions when loaded into earlier patch releases.
- Oneline Diagrams: Added right-click options to a oneline to automatically "Open Google Maps". This will automatically open google maps at the “1000m” zoom level and also with it set to show the satellite view. The syntax used is
- Transient Stability: When reading and writing a DYD file added ability to translate the distrel/zonedef/blindef models into a DistRelay model.
- Transient Stability: modified reading of LOCTI record from DYD file so that any parameter after Tm1 can be omitted and a value of zero will be assumed for the parameter
- Transient Stability: Modified reading the TIOCRS record from DYD file so that any paramter after A can be omitted and a value of zero will be assumed for the parameter
- Transient Stability: added ability to read/write the CHVDC2 model to and from the DYD file.
- Transient Stability: Added support for the Exciter models DC1C
- Transient Stability: Added support for the Exciter models DC2C
- Transient Stability: Added support for switched shunt model mss1
- Transient Stability: Added support for switched shunt model mss2
- Case Information Displays: Fixed a bug with Custom Expressions that referenced Model Expressions that were set to be evaluated in the contingency reference state when used as part of contingency processing. The Model Expressions were only be evaluated in the current contingency state.
- Case Information Displays: Pasting a participation point from Excel into the participation point case information display associated with participation points for a particular injection group will now work the same as pasting into the case information display for all participation points for all injection groups. Old functionality wouldn't always allow you to paste into this case info unless you were using the correct set of key fields. Now any set of valid key fields can be used.
- Scheduled Actions: Fixed an access violation that would occur when right-clicking on a Scheduled Action to open the local menu. This error would occur if the Device was not specified.
- Scheduled Actions: Fixed an access violation that could occur if trying to find a Scheduled Action that hasn't properly been assigned to a Scheduled Outage. This would mostly occur when trying to create or identify a Scheduled Action through auxiliary files or SimAuto calls.
- Transient Stability: More clean up of features for auto-inserting distance relays.
- Transient Stability: Added fix to make critical clearing time command consistent with the dialog. Previously there was no option to clear the fault or open the line (as there is with the dialog). The an optional parameter was added so that by specifying 'O' or 'OPEN' the user can tell the command to open both ends of the line. By default the fault is still cleared.